Indianapolis, IN Personal Injury Lawyer
Indianapolis, INDIANA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
If you or a loved one was in an accident in Indianapolis, an Indiana personal injury attorney can assist you in dealing with the complicated issues that will follow. Truitt Law Offices is an Indianapolis personal injury firm who treats their clients like family.
For nearly four decades they’ve been working hard for people just like you who have suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence. One of the advantages you receive by working with a small law firm such as Truitt Law Offices is they design how they will represent you around your individual needs, not some cookie-cutter formula used by big law firms.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU CONTACT TRUITT LAW OFFICES
Being injured in an accident can be a traumatic experience for you and your loved ones. Handling an insurance claim or navigating the Indianapolis court system can be an intimidating process. However, by contacting Truitt Law Offices and scheduling your free consultation, you can rest assured that you will meet not only with one of our highly qualified legal staff, but you will also meet directly with one of our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys: Richard Truitt and Daniel Brophy.
Attorneys Richard Truitt and Daniel Brophy are experienced helping the victims of a personal injury accident and their families in Indianapolis and throughout Allen County. When you visit us, we will want to know where and when your accident occurred and how it’s impacted not only your life but the lives of your family.
Truitt Law Offices understand you have questions you’d like to ask, and we welcome the opportunity to answer them. We want you to be fully informed of your rights and options that are available to you under Indiana personal injury law. Some questions you should ask us, or any other Indianapolis personal injury lawyer who you’re interviewing to handle your case include, but aren’t limited to:
- How will my medical expenses get paid?
- How much do you charge?
- How do I know whether or not to accept the settlement offered by the insurance company?
- Have you had cases like mine?
- How much compensation could I possibly recover?
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I HIRE TRUITT LAW OFFICES IN Indianapolis?
Once you’ve made the decision to hire us, you can rest assured that they will take the burden off your shoulders by handling such things as:
- Negotiating with your insurance company
- Obtaining, organizing, and assessing your medical bills
- Work to have your vehicle repaired or replaced
- Assisting in the filing of your claim for benefits and monetary compensation
- If a settlement isn’t reached with the insurance company, we can take the necessary steps to file your case in a state or federal court and take the case to trial.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INJURY CASES DOES TRUITT LAW OFFICES HANDLE IN Indianapolis?
We handle a wide variety of personal injury cases, and the majority of our clients have been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Our job is to pursue monetary compensation on behalf of our clients for the damages they have suffered.
We have extensive experience in cases that involve:
- Car Accidents: We understand how every Indianapolis car accident has its own set of unique circumstances and legal issues. Whether you’ve been injured in a car accident involving a truck, motorcycle, bicycle, or were a pedestrian, we know how to explore all your options for receiving the compensation you deserve.
- Slip and Falls: There are many types of slip and fall accidents that can occur such as falling on ice, snow, slippery substances, broken stairs, poor lighting, etc. At Truitt Law Offices, we understand how to apply Indiana premises liability laws to get you compensation for your injuries.
- Toxic Torts: If you or a loved one has been exposed to hazardous chemicals, discarded medical products, pesticides, and other types of toxic waste and suffered an injury or illness come to talk to us. We’ve assisted other clients in such cases and may be able to help you too.
- Dog Bites: We’ve seen countless cases where children have been the victim of a dog attack and suffered serious injuries. We understand Indiana’s dog bite laws and how to pursue a claim on behalf of you or your child -normally through the dog owner’s homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Wrongful Death: In the unfortunate even that a loved one is killed by another’s negligence, we can help you and your family find closure and justice in the eyes of the law by investigating a wrongful death claim.
- Motorcycle Accidents: For more than 40 years, Truitt Law Offices has protected the rights of motorcyclists and their families, and we are ready to put that experience to work for you.
- Construction Site Accidents: In many cases, we’ve handled involving a construction site accident, we’ve looked at options that go beyond worker’s compensation benefits. In some cases, a construction site worker may be able to sue an at-fault third party or non-employer or co-worker for the damages they’ve suffered.
Because Richard Truitt has an academic background in science, he understands the serious injuries you or your loved one has suffered and how it impacts your lives. Truitt Law Offices has worked with clients who’ve suffered injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, burn injuries and others.
We are also able to assist you and your family with the filing of a wrongful death claim after you’ve lost a family member due to the negligence of someone else.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF YOU WERE IN AN ACCIDENT IN Indianapolis
Being in an accident can be nerve-wracking, but it’s important that you try to keep calm and take the following steps:
- Get Medical Attention: As soon as possible after the accident go to the emergency room or your doctor. Some injuries don’t show up immediately, and it’s important that your doctor examine you.
- Collect Evidence: If you are able, take photos of the accident scene. Additionally, you should get the names and contact information of any potential witnesses to your accident. You should also gather together any medical bills and correspondence from any insurance company.
- Request a Copy of the Accident Report: You should be able to get a copy of your accident/crash report by going to BuyCrash.com or by calling the police department that responded to your accident. In Indianapolis, that could be the:
- Indianapolis Police Department
1 East Main Street
40 S Alabama St
Speaking With A Insurance Company: While you may have to report the accident to your insurance company and the other party’s insurance company may contact you, do not give a recorded statement or offer any information. Just stick to the facts.
Compose and Accident Summary: While the details are still fresh in your head, write a summary of everything you can remember about the accident. You should also include how the accident has impacted you and your family.
When you’re ready to pursue a claim, Truitt Law Offices are here to help you with a free consultation.
HOW TRUITT LAW OFFICES CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR Indianapolis PERSONAL INJURY CASE
Our goal is to keep you from being victimized by the insurance claims process in Indiana. We will investigate your case and take the necessary time to properly prepare your case for a settlement conversation with the insurance company. If necessary, we will file your case in the correct state court, or in some cases, federal court.
Whether we settle your case or take it to trial, our goal at Truitt Law Offices is to recover all the compensation for your damages, that may include future and lost wages, medical expenses, diminished earning capacity, pain and suffering, and more.
After your accident in Indianapolis, you can count on the professional and compassionate legal help from Truitt Law Offices. Call or connect with us online today for a free case review.