What Steps Should You Take If You Were in an Accident in Indiana?
If you were involved in an accident in Huntington, you should take immediate steps to protect your health and your legal rights. We suggest that you:
- Get medical treatment. You should see a doctor in order to ensure that your injuries are diagnosed and – for the sake of your legal claim – timely documented.
- Gather evidence. You should collect all materials that may bear on your claim, including photos of the accident scene, witness contact information, medical bills, receipts of accident-related expenses and letters from insurance companies.
- Get a copy of your accident report. An accident report can provide helpful information about the crash or other incident which caused you to suffer injuries. You can contact the local police department which responded to your accident such as the Huntington Police Department or Huntington County Sheriff’s Office or by going to BuyCrash.com. However, the easiest way is to simply contact Truitt Law Offices. We will track down and provide a report to you for free.
- Write it down. You should write down everything you can recall about the incident that harmed you, including when and where it happened and how your injuries have affected your ability to work and enjoy life.
- Talk to us before you speak with the insurance company. You may be contacted by an insurance company shortly after your accident. You should talk with your lawyer from Truitt Law Offices before you give a recorded statement or accept any settlement offer.
What Can You Expect When You Work with Our Personal Injury Firm?
When you contact Truitt Law Offices in Huntington about your case, we will truly listen to you. We want to know about how your injuries occurred and how they have impacted your life and the lives of your loved ones.
Additionally, we can answer any questions you may have about your case and about working with our law firm such as:
- Can I recover damages if I was partially at fault?
- How long will it take to resolve my case?
- What is my case worth?
- How much will you charge for your services?
When we take on your case, you can expect us to:
- Help you to coordinate and address your medical bills
- Handle your vehicle repair / replace and other property damage claims
- Thoroughly investigate your case, including inspecting the accident scene, reviewing photos, interviewing witnesses, and analyzing your medical records
- Consult with highly qualified experts in accident reconstruction, life-care planning, and other areas
- File a claim in the appropriate state or federal court such as:
Huntington County Superior Court
201 North Jefferson Street
Huntington, IN 46750
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
1300 South Harrison Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Seek a full and fair settlement by dealing directly with the insurance company
- If necessary, present a strong case on your behalf at trial
- Collect and disburse the funds owed to you as efficiently as possible.
We will work with you on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will pay no legal fees unless we secure a settlement or verdict for you.
Get Help from Our Huntington Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence of another, Truitt Law Offices will work hard to protect your rights and seek just compensation for you. We are a firm with deep roots in Huntington and a sincere dedication to helping injury victims and their families to overcome their challenges. To learn more, contact us today and schedule a free case review.
Visit Our Huntington Law Offices