Huntington, Indiana Malpractice Attorneys
Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Huntington & Surrounding Areas
Getting hurt in an accident in the City of Huntington or elsewhere in Northeast Indiana can throw your life into chaos. You may suddenly find yourself facing medical bills, missed days at work and a host of daily struggles brought on by your injury. At times, the situation may seem hopeless.
However, if another person’s negligence caused the accident, you have the right under Indiana law to seek compensation for the harm you have suffered – compensation that can help you to get your life back on the right track.
To learn more about your rights and options, connect with Truitt Law Offices. For nearly four decades, we have helped accident victims and their families in Huntington and surrounding areas to overcome the challenges caused by others’ wrongful conduct. We want to help you, too.
As you will find, we will take the time to find out what is important to you. We will make sure it is important to us, too.
Call or reach us online today to learn more and discuss your case in a free, timely and confidential consultation at our Huntington office.
What Personal Injury Cases Do We Handle in Huntington?
Attorneys Richard Truitt and Daniel Brophy have a deep background in handling personal injury and wrongful death claims on behalf of those who were harmed by others. That experience allows our firm to handle a broad range of cases for our Huntington clients, including:
- Car Accidents – We know how to efficiently investigate and litigate all kinds of motor vehicle crashes, including crashes that involve cars, motorcycles, pedestrians, bicycles and large commercial trucks.
- Slip & Falls – We protect the rights of those injured by falls caused by dangerous property conditions and careless residential and commercial property owners.
- Construction Site Accidents – We work with construction workers who have been injured by the negligence of non-employers or co-workers in what are generally described as “third-party liability claims.”
- Dog Bites – We seek to hold dog owners accountable for the injuries caused by the careless handling and supervision of their pets. We often work with child victims and their families.
- Medical Malpractice – We have the experience and resources to handle the most complex medical negligence cases, including those that involve misdiagnoses, birth injuries, emergency room mistakes and surgical errors.
- Defective Drugs & Medical Devices – We stand up for the rights of patients who have been needlessly exposed to dangerous side effects and complications caused by flawed medical products.
- Toxic Torts – We help Huntington residents who have been harmed by pesticides, toxic waste, hazardous chemicals and medical waste.
We understand the life-changing nature of the injuries that our clients suffer, including traumatic brain injury, spinal injury and burns. We work hard to pursue full and fair compensation for all of our clients’ past and future medical expenses. We also seek compensation that reflects the severe impact of injuries on our clients’ lives.
What Steps Should You Take If You Were in a Huntington Accident?
If you were involved in an accident in Huntington, you should take immediate steps to protect your health and your legal rights. We suggest that you:
- Get medical treatment. You should see a doctor in order to ensure that your injuries are diagnosed and – for the sake of your legal claim – timely documented.
- Gather evidence. You should collect all materials that may bear on your claim, including photos of the accident scene, witness contact information, medical bills, receipts of accident-related expenses and letters from insurance companies.
- Get a copy of your accident report. If possible, track down any report that was filed if you were harmed in a slip and fall, work accident, dog attack or motor vehicle accident. Specifically, if you were injured in a traffic crash in Huntington, you should be able to obtain a copy of the police report by going to BuyCrash.com or by contacting:
300 Cherry Street
Huntington, IN 46750
332 East State Street
Huntington, IN 46750
- Write it down. You should write down everything you can recall about the incident that harmed you, including when and where it happened and how your injuries have affected your ability to work and enjoy life.
- Talk to us before you speak with the insurance company. You may be contacted by an insurance company shortly after your accident. You should talk with your lawyer from Truitt Law Offices before you give a recorded statement or accept any settlement offer.
What Can You Expect When You Work with Our Huntington Personal Injury Firm?
When you contact Truitt Law Offices in Huntington about your case, we will truly listen to you. We want to know about how your injuries occurred and how they have impacted your life and the lives of your loved ones.
Additionally, we can answer any questions you may have about your case and about working with our law firm such as:
- Can I recover damages if I was partially at fault?
- How long will it take to resolve my case?
- What is my case worth?
- How much will you charge for your services?
When we take on your case, you can expect us to:
- Help you to coordinate and address your medical bills
- Handle your vehicle repair / replace and other property damage claims
- Thoroughly investigate your case, including inspecting the accident scene, reviewing photos, interviewing witnesses and analyzing your medical records
- Consult with highly qualified experts in accident reconstruction, life-care planning and other areas
- File a claim in the appropriate state or federal court such as:
201 North Jefferson Street
Huntington, IN 46750
1300 South Harrison Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Seek a full and fair settlement by dealing directly with the insurance company
- If necessary, present a strong case on your behalf at trial
- Collect and disburse the funds owed to you as efficiently as possible.
We will work with you on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will pay no legal fees unless we secure a settlement or verdict for you.
Get Help from Our Huntington Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence of another, Truitt Law Offices will work hard to protect your rights and seek just compensation for you. We are a firm with deep roots in Huntington and a sincere dedication to helping injury victims and their families to overcome their challenges. To learn more, contact us today and schedule a free case review.