Our Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys Are Ready To Help You
When you are on someone else’s property anywhere in Indiana, you have the right to expect it to be safe. When it is not, and you are hurt in a fall, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys Are Ready To Help You
- 2 Trust Our Attorneys’ Experience. Take Comfort in Our Compassion
- 3 What Type of Injury Do You Have After Your Slip & Fall Accident in Indiana?
- 4 Accidents That Cause Trips and Falls
- 5 Why You Need a Top Slip and Fall Lawyer for Your Claim
- 6 Do Not Accept a Settlement Before Talking to a Fort Wayne Slip and Fall Attorney
Trust Our Attorneys’ Experience. Take Comfort in Our Compassion
For more than 37 years, Truitt Law Offices has made sure negligent property owners pay fall victims for their medical bills, lost wages and other expenses. Our Fort Wayne premises liability lawyers have won cases against owners of unsafe businesses, homes and public facilities. We take on even the toughest cases.
Our law firm has offices in Huntington and Fort Wayne. We put our three decades of legal skills to work helping families in our hometowns, in Indianapolis and throughout Indiana.
What Type of Injury Do You Have After Your Slip & Fall Accident in Indiana?
If you have lost a loved one due to the misconduct or negligence of another party, you may be entitled to compensation …
A broken bone can be a painful hassle. For workers who do physical labor on the job, a broken arm or leg can be costly at work and at home …
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, common injuries sustained due to falls include:
- Broken bones – Falls are especially damaging to the bones of older people
- Paralysis – About 22 percent of spinal cord injuries are caused by falls
- Back and neck injuries – Long-term back pain is a common result of a fall
- Head injuries – Falls are the chief cause of traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death – About 25,000 people die from falls each year.
Even falls that seem harmless at first can cause unseen damage.
Accidents That Cause Trips and Falls
The numbers are just as alarming in Indiana. In a recent three-year period, nearly 42,000 people in Indiana went to the hospital for falls. Many hazards lead to falls:
- Construction sites
- Snow and Ice
- Unmarked slippery surfaces
- Unconnected floor mats
- Defective seating
- Inadequate handrails
- Design flaws
- Poor lighting
- Holes in the ground or floor
- Uneven surfaces
Our attorneys have the resources to tell if a fall was your fault or someone else’s.
Why You Need a Top Slip and Fall Lawyer for Your Claim
Medical bills and lost work from a fall can quickly cost you thousands of dollars. You could even have costs far into the future that you are not aware of. You may be entitled to compensation if a property owner or tenant acted negligently and caused your fall. While your case may seem clear to you, proving it is never simple. Premises liability laws are complicated. They require the knowledge and experience of a personal injury attorney.
Richard Truitt makes sure no detail is missed. He knows how to prove that:
- Your accident was caused by unsafe property conditions
- The owner and/or manager knew about the unsafe conditions and failed to act.
Your odds of proving your case greatly improve with legal help.
Do Not Accept a Settlement Before Talking to a Fort Wayne Slip and Fall Attorney
Truitt Law Offices provides a free interview. You risk nothing, but you stand to gain a dedicated advocate.
Our contingency fee arrangement means you do not pay unless we recover money for you. For skilled legal help in Indianapolis, Fort Wayne and throughout Indiana, contact us online or call us at 888-665-1972.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- CDC, National Center for Health Statistics
- Indiana State Department of Health, Injury Prevention Program