Indianapolis Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Many bicycle riders in Indianapolis understand that the operators of motor vehicles may not always respect the rights of bicyclists or pay enough attention to you while you’re riding your bike.
The injuries that you can suffer as a bike rider involved in an accident with a truck or car are often very serious and, in many cases, result in you or a loved one being killed. In Indianapolis, the Truitt Law Offices have a lot of experience handling cases involving the circumstances, and negligence that may have caused you or your loved one to be severely injured or suffered a wrongful death while riding your bicycle.
Time is of the Essence. If you or a loved one is injured in an Indianapolis bicycle accident, it’s imperative that all evidence is collected, and witnesses are interviewed in a timely manner to construct your personal injury case. The Truitt Law Offices in Indianapolis will move rapidly to investigate the scene of your accident and the circumstances surrounding your individual case.
Common Causes of Indianapolis Bicycle Accidents:
There are many causes of Indianapolis bicycle accidents. The most common ones are:
- The driver of the motor vehicle failed to check their blind spots before changing lanes.
- The motorist made a turn in front of you while you were riding your bicycle
- Someone in a vehicle opened their door in front of you when you were on your bicycle.
- The driver of a car or truck sideswiped you while you were riding your bicycle on the shoulder of the road.
- A driver of a motor vehicle failed to stop at a stop sign or ran a red light
- A driver exited a driveway or parking space without using proper caution.
- An operator of a motor vehicle was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
The easiest way to prevent these kinds of injuries is to wear a helmet.
Common Injuries for Indianapolis Bicycle Riders
Indianapolis bicycle accidents may result in you having minor cuts, bruises, or more serious injuries because, in many bike accidents, the cyclist is thrown off their bicycles. These injuries may include:
- Soft Tissue Injuries such as sprains, cuts, and muscle tears.
- Neck and Back injuries such as whiplash and spinal cord injuries.
- Brain Injuries such as concussions or more serious traumatic brain injuries that may leave you permanently impaired.
Call an Indianapolis Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Truitt Law Offices in Indianapolis are skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced at handling Indianapolis bicycle accident cases. We know how to combat insurance companies that often refuse claims made by cyclists. We use experienced investigators, accident re-constructionists, and our team of dedicated Indianapolis personal injury attorneys and staff will work hard to ensure you or your loved one receives all the compensation for your Indianapolis bicycle accident injuries that you deserve.