Fort Wayne Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
Approximately one American dies every half hour due to a drunk driving accident. This equates to nearly half a million Americans each year and this does not even include non fatal, injurious alcohol related accidents.
Indiana traffic accident attorney, Richard Truitt, has the experience and knowledge you need on your side in order to recover deserved compensation following a drunk driving auto accident. Traffic accidents of this nature are inexcusable and sadly often result in immense damages for innocent victims rather than the negligent driver.
Drunk Driving Accident Compensation
Compensation for damages following a drunk driving accident can be massive, as injuries in alcohol-related auto accidents could be extensive. Drunk driving accident victims may be entitled to compensation for:
- Loss of companionship, in the unfortunate event that the accident resulted in a loved one’s wrongful death
- Current and future medical bills
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental and physical pain and suffering
- Permanent scarring
Drunk Driving Accident Liability
Generally, at least one of three parties may be held accountable for damages inflicted in a drunk driving accident. However, each accident and the circumstances surrounding it are unique, requiring the assistance of an Indiana drunk driving accident attorney in order to appropriately determine liable parties, which may include:
- Drunk driver – Successfully litigated civil lawsuits will hold a drunk driver accountable for damages inflicted.
- The drunk driver’s employer – When the driver becomes intoxicated in a workplace, injured parties can hold the employer responsible for damages.
- Bar or restaurant that served the driver.
Why You Need a Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
Not only will insurance companies attempt limiting their payout to you, but drunk driving accident laws require the experience of a knowledgeable attorney to successfully navigate and obtain the full compensation you deserve. Indiana personal injury attorney. Richard Truitt has over 40 years of experience successfully litigating auto accident lawsuits and can accurately determine your case’s worth, never settling for less.
Due to statute of limitations, you must contact a drunk driving accident attorney immediately after an accident, or you risk losing your rights to compensation. At Truitt Law Offices, serving the Fort Wayne, Huntington, and Indiana area, we operate on a contingency basis, meaning we do not get paid unless you do. Call us today at (888) 665-1972. Make your first call, your only call.