Indianapolis Trucking Accident Lawyer
The number of commercial trucking accidents in Indiana is overwhelming, and a lawsuit involving a commercial truck is extremely complex and may require a large number of resources to reach a settlement in your case. You will need the experienced Indianapolis Personal Injury attorneys at Truitt Law Offices in Indianapolis to handle your case. Their truck accident lawyers will work hard to get you the compensation you or a loved one deserves after being injured in an Indiana commercial trucking accident.
In Indiana, recent statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that more than 106,000 people were injured in accidents involving commercial trucks, and out of those, three out of four were in another vehicle.
Table of Contents
What Should You Do After An Indianapolis Commercial Truck Accident?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a commercial trucking accident there are specific steps you should take immediately after the accident. They include:
- Call 911. If you are able, check to see if anyone else is injured and call 911. Tell them if there are any injuries so they can dispatch the necessary medical help.
- Take Notes and Pictures. As soon as possible, take pictures of the accident scene. Include your vehicle, commercial vehicle involved in the accident, and any debris field. Take as many pictures as you can and be sure to get pictures of any license plates, and any numbers or writing on the commercial vehicle. Talk to any witnesses and get their contact information as well as any details as to what they saw take place.
- Visit your Doctor. Schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible after the accident. In many cases, injuries from an Indiana commercial truck accident don’t show up for a day or so after the accident. When you visit your doctor, be sure to tell him how the accident happened, and any injuries you may have. If you need medical care, be sure to get it.
- Contact an Attorney. Before signing anything, it’s important that you contact the Truitt Law Offices in Indianapolis for a consultation. They are experienced, skilled, and knowledgeable when it comes to Indianapolis commercial truck accidents, and they can advise you of your rights and what compensation you may deserve.
What Are Some Common Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents in Indianapolis?
In Indianapolis, and elsewhere, not all truck drivers follow the proper safety measures such as:
- Driving longer than the number of hours they are allowed, which leads to fatigue.
- Operating their commercial truck at excessive speeds
- Operating their commercial trucks when they are too big or overloaded
- Commercial trucks that are not properly maintained and undergo safety checks.
Many Indiana trucking companies have their own team of insurance adjusters and skilled attorneys to help them when one of their commercial trucks is involved in an Indianapolis truck accident. You need to combat this team of intimidating attorneys and insurance adjusters by hiring the Truitt Law Offices in Indianapolis to even the playing field. With their experience, they know how to get through the red tape and other complications the Indiana commercial trucking company’s attorneys and adjusters will throw in their way.
What Is The Statute of Limitations for an Indianapolis Truck Accident Claim?
Don’t delay, time is of the essence in a personal injury case. The statute of limitations in Indiana for a personal injury claim is two years. Should you not file your injury lawsuit within that two-year window, you will lose the opportunity to have your lawsuit heard in court.
Visit our Indianapolis Truck Accident Law Offices
Contact An Indianapolis Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Truitt Law Offices in Indianapolis will be a strong advocate for you and fight hard to get you or your loved one the compensation, after being in an Indianapolis commercial truck accident, that you deserve. Contact our law firm today.