Indianapolis Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer
In Indianapolis and throughout Indiana, Uber and Lyft vehicles make it easier to get around town and are providing jobs for many people. However, as Uber and Lyft gain in popularity, the number of these vehicles being involved in accidents are also rising. Additionally, insurance companies aren’t always providing the proper amount of compensation to the victims of these accidents.
Because Uber/Lyft accident cases are relatively new, sometimes cases involving ridesharing vehicles gets into murky legal issues. Truitt Law Offices in Indianapolis have experience with this complicated area of law and can give you or your loved one a good chance of recovering compensation for their damages.
Uber and Lyft Accidents in Indianapolis
Both Uber and Lyft are large companies and they ensure that their drivers are covered by a $1 million in liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This high amount of insurance coverage means that if you or a loved one is injured in an accident where you are not at fault, you may be able to receive a more complete compensation for such things as medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering if you were injured by an Uber/Lyft driver.
In fact, you may be eligible for significant compensation if you fall into one of the following categories:
- A passenger or motor vehicle operator injured in an accident where a Uber/Lyft driver was at fault
- An Uber/Lyft driver was injured in an accident when another motor vehicle operator was at fault.
- You were a passenger and injured in an Indianapolis Uber/Lyft vehicle regardless of who was at fault for the accident that caused your injuries.
You may not know what steps you should take after being involved in an Indianapolis Uber/Lyft accident to be compensated for your injuries. The largest mistake you could make is to assume that Uber/Lyft will automatically cover you because, like many other companies, Uber/Lyft are concerned with profits, not the well-being of their customers.
An Indianapolis Uber/Lyft accident lawyer understands the complicated steps involved in dealing with large corporations like Uber/Lyft and can assist you in getting all the compensation you deserve. The process of recovering damages after a Uber/Lyft accident can be difficult to navigate.
What Are My Rights as an Uber or Lyft Driver in Indiana?
Once you enter an Indianapolis Uber/Lyft vehicle your safety in is the driver’s control. If you are injured in an accident you may be entitled to compensation. In most cases involving a Uber/Lyft accident, because you’re a passenger, you are considered an innocent victim. You don’t need to prove much.
When an Uber or Lyft hits a Pedestrian…
In some legal cases involving accidents with a Uber/Lyft vehicle, the companies have argued in court that the drivers are independent contractors and not actual employees. This illustrates that you can’t rely on Uber or Lyft to have your back if you’re involved in an accident because they will often deny their legal responsibilities. As a result, you could be facing an uphill battle if the Uber/Lyft driver in Indianapolis didn’t have a passenger at the time they hit you.
What Happens If I’m in an Indianapolis Rideshare Accident?
If you or a loved one is involved in an Uber/Lyft accident in Indianapolis there are certain things you should do after the accident.
- Make sure everyone is okay: Call the police and let them know if an ambulance is necessary.
- Document everything: Try to take pictures of all the vehicles involved in the accident including the license plates. Write down all the information such as driver’s names, contact information and insurance information. Also get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- See your doctor as soon as possible after the accident: Sometimes injuries don’t show up immediately and you should tell your doctor what exactly happened and any injuries you may have.
- Contact Truitt Law Offices in Indianapolis: A delay in filing your claim could prolong your pain and health. Additionally, if you fail to meet the statute of limitations or your claim, you will be barred from collecting any monetary damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Indianapolis Uber/Lyft accident, an experienced Indianapolis Personal Injury lawyer can help make sure your medical expenses get paid, your vehicle gets repaired or replaced, and can negotiate with the insurance companies to get you the maximum settlement available.