The 2020 General Scholarship contest has now ended. The scholarship contest did not happen in 2021.
The personal injury attorneys of Truitt Law Offices invite you to share your thoughts and experiences and to compete for one of our three scholarship prizes worth a combined $1,750. We are now accepting entries from students nationwide for our annual Scholarship Essay & Video Competition.
Please read more about the competition below and take advantage of this opportunity to compete for scholarship funds.
To enter, you must submit your essay or video by June 5, 2020.
Each winner will receive a check from Truitt Law Offices. The winners must use these funds to pay for education-related expenses. Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes which apply to the scholarship award.
What is your school or community currently doing to promote safer driving?
In your opinion, what should they be doing?
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To compete in our law firm’s 2020 Scholarship Essay & Video Competition, you must be a student who is a U.S. resident or an international student who is studying at a U.S. school who is a:
- High school junior or senior, or
- Student currently enrolled in two-year or four-year college or university
- Student currently enrolled in graduate school.
If you are younger than age 18, you must provide parental consent to enter. Employees of Truitt Law Offices, Consultwebs, Inc., and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this competition.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
To enter our 2020 Scholarship Essay & Video Competition, you must submit:
- An essay of 600 words or less (in .doc or .docx format) or
- A video of two minutes or shorter (in .avi or .mp4 format).
We will allow only one essay or video per student. The essay or video must cite all information sources. The essay or video must also be an original work. Plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
You must submit your essay or video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must submit your complete entry by our June 5, 2020 deadline.
Our selection committee will choose the scholarship winners. The committee’s decisions will be final.
We will announce our two scholarship winners on July 3, 2020.
We will use the contact information submitted in the application to notify the winners. Our law firm will also announce the winners on our website.
In addition to your essay or video, you must also submit:
- A cover sheet that contains the following:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Name and address of your school
- Your photograph (in .jpeg format)
- A brief, 2-3 sentence bio that describes yourself
- If you are younger than age 18, the signature of a parent or guardian.