The holiday season is here! It is a great time of year to spend time with family and friends and to give gratitude for the things in your life.
As the holiday quickly approaches, the attorneys at the Truitt Law Offices encourage you to take the time to consider doing these four fun things during your Thanksgiving holiday:
1. Go Downtown for Holiday Fest and Night of Lights.
One of the best activities for adults and children of all ages during the holiday season is to head to downtown Fort Wayne for the Holiday Fest and Night of Lights.
The fest kicks off on November 23 with a lighting ceremony at 5:30 p.m., and it continues until 7:45 p.m., concluding with a fantastic fireworks show. If you have little ones, this is the perfect event as Santa and his reindeer will be there.
2. Participate in the Galloping Gobbler Thanksgiving Day Run.
This event is scheduled to take place on Thanksgiving Day, or November 24. The Galloping Gobbler Thanksgiving Day Run is a family tradition for many in Fort Wayne. The race begins at 8:30 a.m. at the Hutzell Athletic Center. Participants can choose between a four-mile race course or a 15K course.
The first 250 finishers will receive pumpkin spice bread at the finish line, giving you all the more reason to run fast. You can read more about the event, and register for it, at Race360.com.
3. Celebrate the holiday at the Fort Wayne Festival of Trees.
The Fort Wayne Festival of Trees is a must-see event in the city. It is characterized by countless Christmas trees decorated to the nines. In addition to trees and themed trees, live entertainment is featured throughout the festival.
The dates for the festival are November 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 and December 1 and 2. Times of the festival change each day. So, be sure to check out information on the Visit Fort Wayne website first.
4. Enjoy a hot cooked meal with family and friends.
The Thanksgiving holiday is characterized, in part, by a large meal shared with family and friends. This year, we encourage you to employ some basic tactics for enjoying your meal and holiday in Fort Wayne without any accidents or injuries, ranging from car accidents to burn injuries. Some tips for safety this holiday season include:
- Provide non-alcoholic beverage options for those who need to drive.
- Turn pan handles in to prevent small children from grabbing them.
- Supervise kids in the kitchen.
- Double check to ensure all ovens and stove tops are turned off when finished cooking.
- Use safe food preparation techniques to avoid food poisoning.
- Avoid driving in inclement weather when possible.
If you or a family member is injured this holiday season, our experienced Fort Wayne personal injury and accident attorneys want to hear from you. You can read more about your rights after an accident in our Fort Wayne personal injury attorney blog or call the Truitt Law Offices directly for a free case consultation.