How to Celebrate and Enjoy a Happy New Year in Fort Wayne, IN
Now that the holiday season is finally here, it is time to start thinking about your plans for ringing in the New Year.
Between events in downtown Fort Wayne and those going on throughout the state, there is something fun for of all ages.
At Truitt Law Offices, we know that, through January 1, this is one of the busiest times of the year. It is also the peak time for accidents and injuries to occur. While you enjoy the festivities, it is important to know what to do in order to keep yourself and those you love safe.
Check Out the Downtown Fort Wayne Ball Drop
In terms of Fort Wayne New Year’s Eve activities, one of the most heralded celebrations is the Ball Drop, which is held in the heart of the downtown area.
Hosted by WANE-TV, this first-of-its-kind event will begin at 7 p.m. at the Barrett McNagny parking lot, which is located at 215 East Berry Street.
Scheduled festivities include:
- Live entertainment by the Alicia Pyle Quartet Harmonic
- Lighting of the LED tower
- Crowd contests
- New Year’s Eve countdown and fireworks display.
The event is free and open to all ages. So, come out and enjoy the first of what is sure to become an annual tradition.
Take Pride in Being a Hoosier and Check Out Events Being Held Around the State
In addition to the Fort Wayne New Year’s Eve Ball Drop, Visit Indiana lists plenty of activities to ring in the New Year Hoosier style:
- Choose from six different celebrations between French Lick Springs and West Baden Hotels, including an evening of dinner and dancing to a night at the casino.
- Go back in time to a 1920s jazz themed celebration at the Charley Creek Inn in Wabash, where you can enjoy dinner and live music.
- Closer to home, check out the Family New Year’s Eve party at the Indiana State Museum, or the 6th Annual Masquerade Ball at Fort Wayne’s Parkview Field, an adult-only, black tie optional event.
Get the details about these and other events in the area at the Visit Indiana website.
Avoid Accidents and Injuries: Select a Designated Driver or Use a Service
Whatever option you choose for celebrating the holidays and ringing in the New Year, realize that Fort Wayne accidents and injuries tend to spike during this time of year.
Play it safe when you are out by selecting a designated driver in advance. This can help you to avoid a DUI. You can also call a taxi or use a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft to ensure you get home safely.
You can find more tips and information on ways to protect yourself and those you love by visiting our Fort Wayne, IN personal injury attorney blog.
Contact Our Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys Today
After all the festivities are done and you have had the chance to ring in the New Year, know that our personal injury attorneys at Truitt Law Offices are here to help you when you need us.
If you or someone you love is injured in an accident, contact the Truitt Law Offices to see how we can help.