Fort Wayne Premises Liability Lawyers
Indiana’s premises liability laws protect citizens from harm when entering private establishments. Every property owner and manager is required by law to ensure the safety of all who enter their property, whether that be from crime, slip and fall accidents, or hazardous construction sites.
Premises Liability Compensation
If the negligence or misconduct of a property owner or manager results in a personal injury, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages, which can include:
- Related medical bills
- Loss of companionship and funeral expenses in the unfortunate event of wrongful death.
- Loss of wages
- Lower earning capacity
- Disfigurement and/or amputation
- Permanent scarring
- Psychological counseling
Injuries Due to Premises Liability
Premises liability lawsuits may be filed if a property owner or manager’s negligence directly resulted in you sustaining a personal injury. Common scenarios include:
- Negligent security in apartment complexes or other commercial properties.
- A lack of parental supervision or appropriate security surrounding a private swimming pool.
- Falling objects and other hazards, or improper signage, resulting in construction site accidents.
- Broken bones due to a slip and fall accident, which may be caused due to hazardous objects or inadequately maintained sidewalks or parking lots.
- Amusement parks with poorly maintained rides, resulting in a personal injury
- Failure to follow building codes and regulations.
Why You Need a Premises Liability Attorney
Premises liability laws are complex and require an experienced premises liability attorney in order to navigate and obtain compensation for damages.
For instance, if you have suffered a personal injury due to the negligence of a property owner or manager, your injured person status must be proven to be legal. While some premises liability lawsuits require little expertise in proving a valid injured person status, an inexperienced premises liability attorney may be unable to prove a legal injured person status in more complicated cases.
Free Interview – No Fee Until Settlement or Recovery
Indiana premises liability attorney, Richard Truitt of Truitt Law Offices, has a comprehensive understanding of Indiana’s premises liability regulations. If a property fails to adhere to safety codes, never responds to safety concerns, and/or shows little regard for people entering its premises, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Please contact our personal injury office online or call us at (800) 628-2904 today to schedule your free interview. Make your first call, your only call. Truitt Law Offices serves the Fort Wayne area and all of Indiana.